`
1

Project D - 5

11/14/09 ( Sat ) - Posted by Alan Chai

The day before, the mechanic called me and told me he couldn't find any 5-speed gearbox. I was disappointed and went to seek advice from my master.
He provided me a list of contacts to find used part.
Hopes! we should never give up easily.
As I started call, I noticed that before I could complete the sentence, the other side will quickly respond no.
I felt that must be my mechanic asked before.
While going down the contact list, I could feel my hope is slimming.
At the end, the answer is no more 5-speed gearbox.
How can I give up 120km/hr on 5th gear?
Yes! I did test all the way up there with my current engine and I believe it can go higher but I worried that my D body cannot hold it.
It was bad and I sms my master.

You know why I call him master because he has answer to everything.
He suggested my to change to better gear oil. Of course, the better gear oil costs more but at this point, I am willing to try out anything.
I went to the place and pick up the 3 for the front and 2 for the behind gearbox.
I told the condition of the gearbox and the guy recommended me the type of gear oil that will help to reduce the friction.
So, I was excited and went to my mechanic to have the gear oil replaced.



After couple hours, yes, I drove my car for test ride.
I can't believe it. I could shift the gear like goaling without keeper.
Even I rev it on high rpm and shift the gear, the friction was minimum.
What can I said: the magic of oil - REDLINE!!!





I also posted pictures of the 120y that I bumped into.
I guess I am not alone and the car is retored to a very good condition.
Here we go, D lovers!!!

No comments:

`