`
1

Project D - 6

11/27/09 ( Fri ) 12/12 & 19/09 ( Sat & Sat ) - Posted by Alan Chai

What is the status of my D?
Well, all I can say it is going through inside to outside overall make over!
When I stopped by the body work place, the first thing I noticed was the internal organ was being dismantled. :)
Uncle removed the car seats and door panels and brought back to his place.
( pic# 1 & 2 )




However, the progress of the body work was a little bit disappointed because there was only minor work done on this several weeks.
Whenever I asked the guy whether it can finish by the end of the year, his reply always is try his best.
I guess the good thing out of the disappointment is he is that good till a lot of cars need his repair.
Then, I can feel relief that I have him to work on my D.




From pic# 3 & 4, you can see the works be done.
The yellow circles highlight the rusty part that was cut off. :)
I know it is a lot of rusty metals.
The green circles highlight the rusty part is replaced by a new part.
If I don't highlight, can you tell?
Maybe next time, I should do that.



From pic# 5, you can see the big hole.
At that time, my thought was I can use my foot as a brake to slow down the car like in flintstones time. ( pic# 6 )



Well, I think I bothered enough the body work guy.
So, I decided to stop by uncle's place. Uncle showed me the car seat.
I coundn't believe how beat up is the car seat. ( pic# 7 )




Uncle also showed me the new cover. ( pic# 8 )
Other than the material, the pattern is as same as it can be.
What can I say - I like original.
As for the car panel, he told me that it is very hard to restore to exactly the same. He recommended me to use back the same but replace the board and I listened to him.

PS: I would like to thank my front passenger to teach me the technique and tricks to put up the pictures nicely and easily.

No comments:

`